6.13.2006

 

Mechanical Play a.k.a. I, Bot

It's often said that limit hold em is a science, while no-limit hold em is an artform. I have to agree. It's so hard to push someone off a hand in limit because it's only one more bet to call. In no-limit, however, if you read your opponent as being weak, you can come over the top for a large amount of chips and force your opponent to go away.

I think playing mechanically at lower limits (read: 1-2 NL and lower online) can yield consistent profit, though, and I may put this to the test. Here is what I plan to do.

Pocket Pairs: Limp with 22-QQ preflop. If I hit a set, go all in. Go all in with KK and AA preflop.

Suited cards: Limp with Ace-X suited. Go all in if I hit the flush on a non-paired board. Limp with most suited connectors down to 56s. Go all in if I hit the straight or the flush as long as it doesn't feel like a higher straight or flush is out there.

That's really about it. It's my belief that enough people will think your massive overbet represents a bluff that it will become a +EV play. Of course this makes playing poker very boring, but it would allow me to play as many as 8 tables at once because the strategy is so mechanical.

I think I'll try it for about 2000 hands and post my results. That should only be about 5 hours of play if I get on 6 tables at a time. I'll definitely be doing 10 handed games with this strategy, though. It will involved a ton of folding so it becomes -EV at a short-handed game.

If anyone reads this, what do you think? Is it worth the time to experiment?

Comments:
I think you just explained what almost every bot playing multiple games online does. I've played with enough of them to know EXACTLY what they have pre-flop if they make a big raise. When a bot raises, I fold caus they usually have the nuts. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.
 
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS! I want to know exactly how it goes, because I think you are onto something here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?